8.20.2010

Working 9 to 5…

I wonder sometimes, what my butt would look like if I didn't have a full-time job. Don't get me wrong, I don't in any way look down my nose at the noble profession of stay-at-home mothers. In fact, for very brief stretches I have had the pleasure of living that life myself. I only have one child, so it was usually very workable for me to fit in an hour or two of working out a day. So as I do not have the pleasure of ruling my roost from my motherly throne 24 hours a day, I am left to wonder what it is about the 8 hours a day that I spend at work that leaves me bereft of the motivation necessary to pick my chunky monkey butt up off the sofa so that I can get some exercise. I am not THAT tired at the end of the day (weary, but not always tired). I certainly could find the energy to bike for half an hour, or take a walk. Yet I do not. I understand that this choice leaves me extremely unhappy with my appearance and my fanny size. Yet still, I sit.

I wonder if so much sedentary office work has trained me to be inactive. Is my lack of movement in my job contributing to chunky monkey muscle memory?

Well, we shall see. I am going to try to get moving around the office more and see what happens. Maybe I will find that I do have the desire to get out and exercise in the evenings. Or, maybe I will be more willing to blow it off because I will feel as though I have already done something for the day. Who knows? All I know is that I can't just keep cutting calories and hoping for the best. It this chunky monkey wants to make real progress, I am going to have to get my butt moving.


 

F. Bear Slippers.

No comments: